Welcome to the Home of the Ohio College Personnel Association!
Nominate a Derving Student for an OCPA Fall Award!
|Submit a Program Proposal|
The Ohio College Personnel Association (OCPA) exists to advance student learning and development. In pursuit of this goal, the association facilitates the sharing and creation of knowledge and best practices for student affairs practitioners in the State of Ohio through professional development and networking opportunities. These opportunities enhance and produce collaborative partnerships among students, practitioners, faculty, and professional associations.
OCPA envisions a diverse, active, connected, and energized network of higher education professionals. These professionals use their collective expertise and resources to anticipate and respond to the needs of college and university students and the institutions they attend in Ohio and the region.
OCPA's Core Values
In pursuit of its vision, OCPA is committed to:
- Students: A holistic, comprehensive and empirically driven approach to student development and learning that considers students’ societal and contextual factors.
- Human diversity: An understanding of humanity that serves as a foundation for honoring, celebrating, and illuminating the rich diversity that exists in and between all of us.
- Data-driven practice: The advancement and dissemination of knowledge which informs policies, practices, programs and scholarship for professionals within the higher education community of Ohio.
- Member involvement and accountability: A collegial and democratic approach to organizational decision making, programs, and services that works to be accessible, transparent, and is held fiscally accountable to its membership. It is composed of an active membership of professionals in the work of supporting higher education students and institutions and volunteering with OCPA.
- Inter-organization cooperation: The belief that collaboration with professional organizations and institutions committed to the success of college students enhances our ability to serve and develop our State-wide community of higher education professionals
Equity & Inclusion Statement
OCPA strives to be a welcoming and just community that appreciates, understands and celebrates diversity and multiculturalism while critically examining its practices and policies in the continued push for equity, inclusivity and human dignity.
The most recent version (approved June 1, 2019) of the OCPA Bylaws can be found here.